Please FOLLOW US on Pinterest and LIKE us on Facebook

School Ideas..We have fun name decals, Backpack Name Tags, Teacher Gifts, Wall Vinyls..

Friday, March 12, 2010

Chocolate/Peppermint Brownies

Watch out..these will be super-delicious!!
Your going to LOVE these..These minty
brownies melt right into your mouth.

After seeing these twice today (in our hometown
newspaper & on the net) I knew I had to share
them with you guys...You can find these from
good ole Betty Crocker...She always has something
tasting good..

RECIPE
1 Box Brownie mix
(ingredients on back of box: water, veg. oil, & eggs)

Mint Filling
1/4 c. butter, softened
1/4 c. whipping cream
1 package (3oz.) cream cheese, softened
1/4 tsp. mint or peppermint extract
4 drops of green food coloring
3 1/2 c. powered sugar
***Baker's Secret...To soften butter
(out of the refrigerator) place in microwave
for 10-15 sec.

Chocolate Topping
1/2 c. whipping cream
1 bag (12oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 c. butter (do not use margarine)

Directions: Pre-heat oven 350F.
1) Grease 13"x 9" pan with cooking spray.
Make & bake brownies as directed on back
of box for a 13" x 9" pan, using water, oil &
eggs. Cool completely.

2) In large mixing bowl, put butter, cream,
cream cheese, mint extract/green food coloring
& 1 cup of conf. sugar. SEE BELOW:

3) Start to blend on a low speed... then higher
to blend & make nice & smooth.
4) Add 1 more cup of conf. sugar..start slow again
then higher speed until thoroughly smooth.
Add rest of powered sugar & beat until silky,
smooth & delicious!!!!!
5) On cooled brownies..spread the mint filling
& put into refrigerator to set for 1 hr...
Meanwhile, in a 2 qt. nonstick saucepan, heat
topping ingredients over medium-low heat, stirring
constantly, until melted, smooth & gorgeous!!
Cool about 10 min.
SEE BELOW:


6) Pour topping over filling, spread to cover.
Refrigerate uncovered about 2 hrs. or until set.
Before cutting into bars let stand for 10 min.
at room temperture. Store covered in refrigerator.
Finished & Looking wonderful!!! Enjoy!!
(Maybe cut into smaller bars because of the richness)
Ahhhhhhhhhh!!! That left over frosting!!!!! Do you
remember when you were a kid & your mom made
these??? My mom use to always put frosting in
between some graham crackers & either put them
in my school lunch or to eat when we got home
from school. SEE BELOW:
Sometimes the sweetest memories are some of
the simpliest things..Happy Memories everybody!!!

18 comments:

  1. These look like chocolate mint heaven! Soooooo yummy! We're having "green food day" at work on Wednesday, so these would be a hit! Thanks for the great recipes and ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so tasty!! Thanks for stopping by my blog & I'm enjoying yours:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look super good! I love the fact that they start with a mix. Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM-O!!! I love me some chocolate and mint! I will be giving these a try. And I totally remember my mom making us those tasty grahmcracker treats, I make them for my kids and they love them. Thanks for sharing, can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look delish! The graham cracker sanwiches remind me so much of my grandma who always gave those to us grandkids when we went fishing with her. Wonderful memories!
    ☺ Celeste

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are right up my alley..and my kids don't eat mint...so I will eat the whole thing!!!yum

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm, chocolate & mint...my favorite combination!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made....I devoured. I gained 23 pounds. totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my YUM! This is definitely a dessert that I will be making this summer!

    (I forgot about the frosting and graham crackers. My daughter would inhale them!)

    www.makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. chocolate and mint
    SO delicious!

    xoxo
    bB

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yum! Sounds great! Thanks for sharing @ Anything Related!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You had me at 'chocolate'... and 'peppermint'... mmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chocolate and Mint -probably my most favorite flavor combo in the world! Thanks for joining Tuesday Tastes, People's Choice Award polls open at noon. Come vote for your favorite recipe!

    Happy Day,
    Jasey @ Crazy Daisy
    http://crazyjayzplace.blogspot.com/2010/07/tuesday-tastes-party-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are beautiful. I feel like I can smell them all the way through the screen. I'm being serious. It kind of hurts when I see all these wonderful sweets. It makes my stomach growl. I'm not kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  15. browsing old craft linky's and these caught my eye. Looks really tasty and prob wouldn't last long

    ReplyDelete
  16. OHHHHH, AHHHHHH, Please come on over and link up these delicious Chocolate treats on THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS.. it's CHOCOLATE... CHOCOLATE... and MORE CHOCOLATE!!!

    http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2011/03/this-weeks-cravings-21-chocolate-and.html

    (And next week (MONDAY) is HIDDEN ingredients in your recipes... What do you hide in your recipes?)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much for coming back and linking to THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS "CHOCOLATE", we are already enjoying over 100 recipes, so make sure to stop back by and see them all. It's gonna be one SWEET week!

    ReplyDelete