Please FOLLOW US on Pinterest and LIKE us on Facebook

School Ideas..We have fun name decals, Backpack Name Tags, Teacher Gifts, Wall Vinyls..

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies/Foodista Contest Update

Foodista UPDATE!! I was under the impression
that as of Feb. 28th, 2010 the Contest was over..&
voting was completed..SURPRISE..It's Not Over
until March 31st, 2010. SO...IF YOU WOULD LIKE
TO HELP ME OUT (with this contest) I would so
very much appreciate "YOUR VOTE"... Just click
on the "Foodista Button" (on the sidebar & it will
automatically take you to my recipe)..where you
can "VOTE."


The way they have set it up you have to register one
time only..(because of abuse they have previously had
on their site)) & then you can vote..

Sorry for any confusion..it's all been quite surprising
to me as well. I usually never enter these kind of things.
Thank you all for the great friends you are &
the constant support you have given me...It's
truly heart-warming...Your the GREATEST!!!!


Now...Peanut-Butter Cup Cookies....
These are for anyone who loves Chocolate Peanut
Butter Cups/Reese's Pieces & peanuts...and
who doesn't??? I did something like these awhile
ago, but they had cocoa powder in them & these don't.

I originally was going to do this easy recipe from
Pillsbury which only required 4 ingredients..but
since I did not have the "refrigerated peanut
butter dough" I thought I'll just make the peanut
butter dough from scratch..so I mixed 2 recipes
together & came up with this one.

RECIPE
1 1/4 c. light brown sugar
3/4 c. peanut butter (I used crunchy)
1/2 c. butter Crisco
3 Tbsp. milk
1 Tbsp. vanilla
1 egg
1 3/4 c. flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt
1 box (4oz.) Reese's Pieces
24 Peanut butter cups (whole)
1 c. Planters Peanuts (optional)

Directions:
Pre-heat oven @ 350F.

1) Combine brown sugar, peanut butter, shortening,
milk, & vanilla in lg. bowl. Beat at medium speed
until well blended. Add egg & mix until blended in.

2) Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in medium
bowl. Add to creamed mixture at low speed until
blended. Stir in Reese's Pieces (if you haven't
eaten them all by now..they are sooo good!!) and
the peanuts (optional)

****I made them both ways & think the ones
without the peanuts tasted better...because I used
chunky peanut butter (that's all I had) I think
adding the peanuts took away from the GREAT
TASTE of the cookie.

3) Drop dough (with a cookie scoop) 2" apart
on to baking sheet. See Below:

4) Bake 10-14 min. (depending on your oven)
or until lightly brown. Immediately top each cookie
with 1 peanut butter cup..press lightly into the
dough.

5) Cool 2 minutes, remove from cookie sheets.
Let cookies stand until peanut butter cups are set
before storing or eating. Don't store before 3 hrs.
SEE BELOW:

WITHOUT PEANUTS:

WITH PEANUTS:

2 comments:

  1. yum! yum! yum! Cookie monster's beware! These are some yummy in the tummy peanut buttery cookies!

    ReplyDelete