Please FOLLOW US on Pinterest and LIKE us on Facebook

School Ideas..We have fun name decals, Backpack Name Tags, Teacher Gifts, Wall Vinyls..

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Reupholstered 4 Kitchen Chairs for $6 (approx. $1.25 each)

I love our house because it's filled with love, faith,
laughter & treasures of our family's life together.
But it is in serious need of a remodel or update a.s.a.p.

I have always been one to try anything myself first
before I think of a professional..and thus 99% of the
time there is no need for a professional...so I have
made it a point to just "DIY" !! Most of the time..
I'm pleasantly surprised at the things I have taught
myself to do: reupholstering projects is one of them..

So here is another project which I love how it turned
out...

P.S. If I can do it ANYONE can do it!!!!
Not just that...but it only took 20 min. per
chair & $6.00 for all 4 chairs!!!! Wow..you
cannot beat the price!!!! I used about 1 1/4yds.
of fabric (I love black & white polka dots) @
about $4.44 per yd.= $5.55+tax (approx. $6)
Hopefully you'll have these tools on hand or
maybe you could borrow them from someone.

DIRECTIONS:
1) Tools Needed: Staple gun w/staples, Phillips
head screwdriver, Material, & Scissors
2) Start by taking a kitchen chair & turning it upside-
down & unscrewing the screws which are holding the
cushion part on. SEE BELOW:
3) This is a great Tip..As you unscrew each screw
put it in a postition so you know which one goes where.
They all may not be the same type of screws (if you
have done this before or bought chairs from a third
party)You want each screw to line up properly in
the exact hole it came from.
4) Place the chair cushion upside down on the new
material (iron material if needed) & cut around it
leaving enough material so you can turn up the
edge, & staple it to the underside of the cushion.
Turn raw edge up & staple (most of 1 side (do not do
corners yet) Turn cushion around to opposite side,
& pull taut (TIGHT) & do the same thing on this side.
Then do remaining 2 sides same way. SEE BELOW:
5) Gather up corners (one at a time) so that the corner
is as smooth as you can get it. Pinch the bulkiness
together & cut only enough off so that you can still
turn it under & staple it to the backside of the cushion.
SEE BELOW:
*** Make sure you do not COVER THE HOLE
FOR THE SCREW.SEE BELOW:

6) Turn under & staple corner. SEE BELOW:
7) Cushion is done..Now you just have to re-
attach it to the wooden chair frame & your all done!!
8) Reattach each of the 4 screws to their correct
corner & tighten screws. SEE BELOW:
BEFORE.....&......AFTER
SEE YOU CAN DO IT TOO!!!! $1.25 for each
chair!!! That's what I call a DEAL!! It might even INSPIRE you to do other projects
in the kitchen...Such as Kitchen Stools..It did me..
BEFORE
AFTER
or a TABLERUNNER...or a NAPKIN HOLDER...
or a HUTCH..
***WE INSPIRE EACH OTHER...
THANK YOU to all of you bloggers
who CRAFT, BAKE, SHARE, HAVE
AMAZING FAMILIES, GREAT IDEAS,
ETSY SHOPS....YOU ALL INSPIRE
ME AS TO WHAT I PUT ON THIS BLOG...
A Special Thank You to my amazing
husband, & fantastic daughters...for
always supporting & encouraging me
with my passions in life, creative,
messy or otherwise.

56 comments:

  1. I love the fabric you chose. It's amazing what an impact the right project can have. Everything looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a dramatic change! I'm getting ready to do the 8 chairs in my dining room. It really is super easy, and the difference this makes is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the polka dots and those bar stools are super cute. Thanks for linking up to my party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a big difference it made. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! What a big difference!

    Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thursday. Please join me next week for another great party. Don't forget to stop by and enter my giveaway. I'll announce the winner at next week party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I love all of it. Those stool covers are especially adorable.

    Thank you for linking this to A Little Craft Therapy, with Life in the Pitts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, those look really great! I'm diggin' this site so I added you to my RSS! I can't wait to see what other awesome ideas you come up with.
    I'm visiting you from Friend Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I came to return your visit and to visit awhile..I love,love,love your blog. I've been looking about and everything I see is so pretty. I love the chairs,the stools..love your recipes (I voted for you)..I will most certainly be back. I've become a follower so as not to lose you..there's so much to see,I can't wait to return. Have a wonderful weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I could really do that! I love the black and white - so cute. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I dont think I've ever thought (or seen) of pulling a WHOLE kitchen together with FABRIC! It's everywhere but the kitchen sink and FABULOUS!
    Of coarse I'll be a follower.
    And as for any suggestions...always just be you. And only do what makes you happy! Please yourself and no one else. AKA: Put U first or your life will slowly disapear! heehee
    Thanks for hangin out at Cuegly!
    Oh! here's a good suggestion...Try leaving a comment on your own post...It's okay to have a "safe-word" for people to type first before publishing, but you need to change it so that everyone doesn't have to push PUBLISH and THEN type a word and THEN push Publish Post AGAIN. THere's a way to make a safe-word show up firstly and they only have to push "Post Comment" once.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks really nice.

    Hi, I am a new follower from Friday Follow, please come by anytime and follow me back. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this! So inspiring! I have been tossing around the idea of doing this as well!
    I have begun to follow you through Friday Follow!
    Aimee @ Our Life From Scratch
    www.ourlifefromscratch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very Crafty! It is nice to see you part of Friday Follow! Have a wonderful weekend. Rita @ One 2 Try.

    ReplyDelete
  14. recovering chair seats is a great cheap way to update a look & freshen up the decor!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd say 'you've been busy'... such a nice thing to do, change a few items and the room changes!
    I do alot of changing also... love it!
    Nice job..
    thanks for visiting my blog,, I'll come back from time to time to read what is going on next.....
    Sandy

    http://thewondersofdoing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous blog!! So glad to be following you and looking forward to more great posts! Off to read the rest of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi! Following you back from FF. Have a great weekend! The chairs turned out great - it's amazing what a difference the new fabric makes.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice work. Thanks for the follow. Following you back.

    www.letsjustgiveitaway.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Following you back from FF! Chairs look great!

    ReplyDelete
  20. very nice. Love the choice of dots

    ReplyDelete
  21. These turned out great. I love the fabric.

    I'm featuring a necklace tutorial and giveaway. I'd love it if you stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey Barb! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment! I love the re-do. I'm a sucker for polka dots : ) I'm a follower now and look forward to seeing more of your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG! I might be able to do that! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You did such a cute job. I really like the style of those dining chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this! What cheerful fabric. Thanks so much for linking up to Finished for Friday! What fun to find your blog. I'm a Christmas fanatic.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! I'm loving these and I really love how you did the table runner and added it to the hutch as well. Those polka dots are too cute!!! (And the price is unbelievable)!!! You've got such a great site here! I've bookmarked several recipes and can't wait to try them. Now following! Thanks for linking up to my link party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. ummm those are absolutely GORGEOUS!! I cannot believe you made them, that are so pretty and look like they were bought for at least 50$ each. I'm so inspired now! We have stools that are just wood without any cushion and i've been thinking about what to do, maybe i'll just use material and put cushion material underneath and then staple or tie them!! thanks for this idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. They turned out great!

    Thanks for linking up to Make it Yours Day at My Backyard Eden!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very cute project! Thanks for the Friday Follow, followed you back!
    http://lollipopsandpickles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. You did a fabulous job. Everything looks wonderful. I love your hutch too. It's great that you were able to include the polka dot theme on it as well.

    Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Those turned out beautiful!! I love the polka dots!!

    Thanks for linking up to I'm Lovin' It! Hope to see you again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very Cute! I'm in the middle of a CRAZY reupholstery job for myself and about to take on 6 more chairs for a client...thank you for the tips and inspiration! Found you through reinvented; so nice to meet you! -shaunna :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a cute way to draw the room together! I love how you tied it off around the stools!! It looks fantastic!!
    Thanks so much for linking!!

    Andy
    Poppies at Play

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love love love the polka dots! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  35. These are adorable. I love the polka dots too. The style on your barstools is too CUTE!! Thanks for sharing at Spring has Sprung at Fun to Craft.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Cute Chairs!

    Wanted to let you know that I am Friday Following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi. Just wanted to stop by and let you know that I'm featuring you this week for Friday Favorites. Come by and pick up a "featured" button if you'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  38. That is awesome! Thanks for linking up to check me out saturdays
    www.iamonly1woman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Looks so cute. I love all of the polka dots. Thanks so much for linking it up to my party!!!

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  40. Sweet!~ Boy you really where creative, and I love polka dots...the stools are awesome, I may have to try that....but my seats are square...I wonder if I use batting??? You got me thinking now:) Happy Day to you:)!~

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love the black and white and dots! Be blessed. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love the fabric...the makeovers look great and thanks for sharing them at NTT!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  43. Thanks for posting on my party, more than one is just fine! (especially since turnout was a little low this week) :)

    I'm going to come back to this as I plan on re-doing my grandma's (now mine) dining room set, it didn't look too hard and what a difference! Great job!

    I'll be posting a new linky tomorrow night so come on back to Flaunt it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Well, if that's not impressive, I don't know what is. Looks great and can't beat the price. Thank you for linking to the boardwalk Bragfest. Thank you for following. I love your blog and have signed up to follow, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Looks great - I just love the polka dots! Thanks for linking this up to Be Inspired too!

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  46. Looks awesome! I like the black and white polka dot too...thanks for linking up at Mad Skills Monday! See you next week and I'm now off to check out your others links!

    Blessings
    Ginger
    SSB

    ReplyDelete
  47. I stopped by to return your visit and I'm so glad I did!
    I have been dying to either get new chairs, new cushions, or redo the ones I have and couldn't quite figure out how to do it the easiest/cheapest way.
    This post just saved my kitchen! Thank you for sharing and for the visit.

    I'm your newest follower.

    http://fromlazytolady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  48. Your chairs turned out so cute!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  49. These turned out very cute! Great job!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Looks great! Thanks for joining us for Anything Related!
    ~Bridgette

    ReplyDelete
  51. Well done~ The fabric you chose is darling and your chairs are beautiful~ they look amazing wearing their new polkas! Stopping by from ATPF~ following you along~ would love to have you share at Feathered Nest Friday sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete