Please FOLLOW US on Pinterest and LIKE us on Facebook

School Ideas..We have fun name decals, Backpack Name Tags, Teacher Gifts, Wall Vinyls..

Monday, September 7, 2009

Double Chocolate Banana Bread


If you are anything like me, you find you have a lot
of bananas that never seem to get eaten up fast
enough before they get a little TOO RIPE. That's
where having a selection of recipes that need
bananas comes in handy...& maybe your tired of the
same old banana recipes (however I have one that
is fabulous & hope to share it with you closer to the
holidays)

Helpful Tip: You can put any over ripe bananas
in your freezer and use them when you are ready)
Make sure you peel them before you freeze
them..Then when you are ready to use them...
put them in the microwave for about 30-45 sec.
(depending on how many you have to defrost)
and mash them up....Really easy....


This one my daughter sent me, that she found on the
Internet....There are quite a few out there.....
The original comes from a magazine called Cooking
Pleasures....& this on is from the Sister's Cafe...
She told me she thought they tasted like the Big
Beautiful Chocolate Muffins from Costco....
She loved them....

If you like chocolate, with the taste of banana
bread, and some chocolaty chips thrown in
for good measure..then I think you might like these.

The Recipe says it makes 1 lg. loaf...but I prefer
to make 8 smaller loaves ( so I can give them to
friends & neighbors) It would be a great after-school
treat (for the kids) along with some milk as well.....

In making 8 smaller loaves I get to use one of my
"Favorite Kitchen Items"......My "8 small
loaves at once pan"......I think it was a Martha
Stewart pan that I found at Kmart.....
(SEE PHOTO BELOW)

I use this pan a lot....Especially with all the
Holiday Baking which I do for the "Santa's
Gift Shoppe Boutique," as well as my own
family holiday baking....(which I do a lot of)

Recipe
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1/3 c. vegetable oil
1 1/4 c. mashed bananas
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips

Heat the oven to 350F. Spray loaf (8x4) or loaves pan
with cooking spray.

Beat sugar, eggs, & oil in large bowl at medium speed
until combined. Beat in banana & vanilla at low speed.

Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt in a
medium bowl; beat into banana mixture at low speed
just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.

Spoon batter into pan. For 1 loaf bake approx. 60-70
min. or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes
out clean. Cool 10 min. Remove from pan; Cool
completely on a wire rack.

******If you are using an 8 loaf pan (like

I was) then only have the bread in the oven

approx. 15-20 minutes (each oven is

different) so keep watch on them so they

don't burn....& check them with a toothpick.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a tasty recipe! I made these for a brunch and it was consumed so quickly! It's great for a breakfast, brunch, or dessert. Make extra and freeze for a yummy chocolatey snack. Happy cooking!

    ReplyDelete