Please FOLLOW US on Pinterest and LIKE us on Facebook

School Ideas..We have fun name decals, Backpack Name Tags, Teacher Gifts, Wall Vinyls..

Monday, July 6, 2009

Homemade Mexican Salsa

This is the salsa that I canned a couple weeks ago.
We had it for the 4th with the BBQ chicken (photo
above) If I can do this......anyone can do this.......
It was so good and my first try at canning anything
besides jams........Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It worked!!!!!!!!

Mexican Salsa Recipe
5 lbs. of ripe tomatoes, skinned, cored, chopped
3 c. onions, chopped
1 1/4c. chili peppers, seeded, chopped
1 c. fresh cilantro, snipped
1 c. apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp. garlic, (about 6 cloves) or minced
1 Tbsp salt

In a 6-quart sauce pot, combine all ingredients.
Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Simmer 30 min.
or to desired thickness, stirring occasionally.

Immediately fill hot jars, leaving 1/2" head space.
Remove trapped air bubbles. Add hot lids, tighten rings.

Process: boiling water bath for 15 minutes

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Barbara---where's the recipe??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I just so love Mexican food! Actually, I'm into canning salsa recipes myself and I find this post very relevant. All the best! :)

    ReplyDelete