Please FOLLOW US on Pinterest and LIKE us on Facebook

School Ideas..We have fun name decals, Backpack Name Tags, Teacher Gifts, Wall Vinyls..

Saturday, June 16, 2012

A Father's Day Tribute to my Dad

  HAPPY FATHER'S DAY...
I wish I could give my dad a big hug on Sunday!!
I love him so much & would love to pamper him
on Father's Day... but I can't...because he
 passed away many yrs ago.

****This is a TRIBUTE to him & all the other
Dads out there that make time for their kids,
make each child feel special & are that
"SPECIAL KIND OF DAD" like mine was.

I was so lucky to have such a wonderful
Father! (as well as a fantastic Mother) The
memories flood back of drive-in movies & playing
on the swing with Dad before it started. Taking
"just me" out to buy something special for no
reason. Making his weekly trip to Sears &
telling me to pick out my favorite peanuts/candy
from their Candy Counter or suggesting we get
some new shoes & "lets get Mom some high heels
too. " (Always thinking of how to surprise her with
something)...Always making me feel like I was his
favorite) Little did I know the other 4 kids felt the
same way!)

My Father taught me FAITH..& how to have it when
things look grim. He always was optimistic & showed
me what "Inner Strength" was & I could do anything
I put my mind to. He was so generous to his family &
everyone he met. I remember he would have me put
the flag out to the neighborhood kids to let them know
it was time they could all come over & swim in our
pool & play volleyball. (Which we did every night!)
And mom would have some kind of special treats
for everyone.



He taught by example & he and my Mom would
call Universities @ Thanksgiving and find exchange
students that didn't have a place to go & he would
pick them up to come & have it with us. I remember an
exchange student from Ethiopia, Africa...That was
really something! We met some very interesting
people to say the least & broadened our horizons.My Dad loved my Mom & (showed it all the time)
and that was a great gift to all of us 5 kids. We saw
examples of unselfishness & compassion on a
daily basis. I look at these photos & it says it all.
They even had a "Kissing Window" from the
kitchen into the family room so while she was
making dinner he would serenade her with his music.
He played tuba & string bass.

The Elementary school asked them, if they would
play Mr. & Mrs. Santa Claus and of course they
DID & LOVED IT!

The PHOTO Above is when they were
first married...

The Photo Below is 30 yrs later..The
same "LOOK" into each others eyes.
My Father & Mother truly found the....
JOY IN THE JOURNEY OF THEIR LIFE
TOGETHER & WITH THEIR FAMILY THEY
CREATED.


I am so blessed to have had the parents I did.

I LOVE YOU BOTH & MISS YOU SO MUCH!!
Happy Father's Day, Dad!
Have a wonderful Father's Day to all of your Father's.

0 comments:

Post a Comment