Please FOLLOW US on Pinterest and LIKE us on Facebook

School Ideas..We have fun name decals, Backpack Name Tags, Teacher Gifts, Wall Vinyls..

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Favorite 3 Bean Chili


I took 2 completely different recipes from 2
different generations & mixed them together,
omitted some other ingredients & came up with this.
I wanted something that would be especially
nutritious for my family. Great on a cold evening.

My daughter let me know in past weeks how
much she loves black beans, & how good they
are for you sooo I wanted black beans, kidney
beans, & veggies in it plus some lean gr. beef..
but not too spicy.. This is what I came
up with.

Hope you enjoy this as I much as I had coming
up with it....

RECIPE
1 lb. lean ground beef, crumbled
1 yellow skinned onion, chopped
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 (14.5oz.) can of crushed tomatoes (not drained)
1 can of tomato soup
1 (15oz.) can of black beans (not drained)
1 (15.25oz.) can of kidney beans (not drained)
1 (16oz.) can of Fat Free refried beans
1 Tbsp. chili powder (more for a spicier chili)
1 c. water

Directions:
In a deep pot combine onions, ground beef, &
garlic. Brown these together (drain off any grease)
Add 1 can of tomato soup, can of crushed tomatoes,
black beans, & kidney beans. Cook on med. heat for
about 10 min. Season with chili powder (to your
taste) Blend in refried beans & water. Simmer
for 10 min or until all are ingredients are blended
together.. Taste...add more of any thing you like....

Toppings
shredded cheese
chopped scallions
tortilla Chips



0 comments:

Post a Comment