Please FOLLOW US on Pinterest and LIKE us on Facebook

School Ideas..We have fun name decals, Backpack Name Tags, Teacher Gifts, Wall Vinyls..

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Fast & Easy Homemade Salsa #2 (Medium)


Sorry it's been more than a couple of days
since I last did a post.....To catch you up.....our
freezer bit the dust......Filled to the brim with food
& fruit pulp for my jams, I was forced to do
another 60 more jams so that the pulp would not
be wasted.....So now we are at 206 jars and counting!

Now for today's blog....
I have had so many people
log on to the blogspot for the recipe of the Homemade
Salsa #1....that I thought I would give Homemade
Salsa Recipe #2... to everybody as well....
As I told you before.........I wasn't much in the way of
Peppers or otherwise.....but after a Home Canning
Seminar....I decided to try Home Canning.....& now
I want to can everything....(I'll be letting you know
how that turns out in the future)

As my mother taught me about cooking & baking..
mainly from scratch....(because that was her
generation.)..I admire & appreciate all she taught
me......however, I have so many things I love to do, I
try & balance, Family, Family History, (Crafts
for the Christmas Boutique in Dec) Canning,
Scrapbooking, etc.. so when I can find a Recipe that
gets the job done faster & easier.... I do it that way.

Which leads us into today's FAST & EASY
HOMEMADE SALSA #2 (Medium Hot)The
photos above show you the end result with corn
chips, and how it looks in jars (Home-Canned)
After doing the 1st Homemade Salsa (which you have
to boil, peel, & cut the tomatoes into pieces.....) I decided
to try & find an easier way...which I did.....

This particular Salsa #2 is a little hotter than #1 &
my friends have told me (that are Salsa connoisseurs
in my opinion) that it isn't that hot...So let's just
call it MEDIUM HOT......but Faster & Easier
than Salsa #1...

RECIPE (SALSA #2...MEDIUM HOT)
6 cans (14.5 oz. each) petite diced tomatoes or
6 lbs. fresh tomatoes (about 18 medium)
(but the easier way are the cans)
1/2 c. white or cider vinegar
1 pouch Mrs. Wages Salsa Tomato Mix (from Walmart)
it has a mixture of onion, green bell pepper,
Jalapeno, Chili Peppers, Garlic, Salt, & other
Spices
1 c. chopped cilantro

Using the canned tomatoes
, open
& pour all 6 cans of tomatoes into a pot....
*(all the liquid in the can as well)

Combine
tomatoes, vinegar, salsa mix,
& cilantro & bring to a boil.

Stir occasionally
...Reduce heat &
simmer 10 minutes...

TO CAN:
Pour hot salsa into clean,
sterilized pint canning jars, leaving 1/2"
head space. Cap each jar when filled.

PROCESS 40 MINUTES
in boiling
water bath...

Test Jars
for airtight seals according to
manufacturer's directions. (Can be stored
up to a year) If jars do not completely
seal, refridgerate & consume within 1
week....ENJOY & SHARE THE RECIPE..

1 comment:

  1. That salsa was so good! I am definitely going to make it. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete